Hi all,

I'm testing a migration from 1.5 to 1.7.22.

Summary of migration steps.

Old system:
=========
Ubuntu 10.04
Manual installation of Reviewboard 1.5
Dump database: $ mysqldump -u admin -p reviewboard >
/tmp/reviewboard.mysql.dump

New system (separate host, don't want to risk in place upgrade)
Minimal install of CentOS 6.5
Add EPEL repo
yum install ReviewBoard mysql-server memcached system-config-firewall-tui
Setup mysql user and create fresh "reviewboard" database.
rb-site install <path>
Drop mysql "reviewboard" database.
Copy mysql dump from old system
Import database: mysql -p reviewboard < reviewboard.mysql.dump
rb-site upgrade <path>

The upgrade works, the old reviews and users are present.  However the new
system isn't using memcached.

On the Admin UI, the server cache page reports:
========
Cache backend:

django.core.cache.backends.memcached.CacheClass

Statistics are not available for this backend
========

Manual telnet to memcached, port 11211, then issue "stats" command shows no
activity:
======
STAT cmd_get 0
STAT cmd_set 0
STAT cmd_flush 0
STAT get_hits 0
STAT get_misses 0
STAT delete_misses 0
STAT delete_hits 0
STAT incr_misses 0
STAT incr_hits 0
STAT decr_misses 0
STAT decr_hits 0
STAT cas_misses 0
STAT cas_hits 0
STAT cas_badval 0
======

Looking into the memcached settings, I see that
<site>/conf/settings_local.py has:
# Cache backend settings.
CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
        'LOCATION': 'localhost:11211',
    },
}

However within the reviewboard database in mysql, the
siteconfig_siteconfiguration table has:
"cache_backend": {"default": {"LOCATION": ["localhost:11211"], "BACKEND":
"django.core.cache.backends.memcached.CacheClass"}}

To me it looks like the settings_local.py configuration has come from
reviewboard 1.7.22 as a result of "rb-site install" and the mysql
configuration from reviewboard 1.5 as a result of importing the dump from
the old system.

The old system is using Django 1.2.3, the new one Django 1.4.8.

The bug appears to be that "rb-site upgrade" hasn't adjusted the
siteconfig_siteconfiguration table to take account of the new memcached
class used in Django 1.4.8.

Is my analysis accurate?  Should I manually adjust the
siteconfig_siteconfiguration table to fix this?  Can this be fixed in
reviewboard so others don't experience the same issue?

Thanks,
Paul