Assuming MySQL, try connecting to the database using the mysql command line
client and running this:

    show indexes from scmtools_repository;

It will likely have scmtools_repository_8c446842 in the list. Try doing:

    alter table scmtools_repository drop index scmtools_repository_8c446842;

Then try the upgrade again.

If it complains about a duplicate field, you'll need to do the above again (if
the index is still there) and:

    alter table scmtools_repository drop column hooks_uuid;

And then repeat the upgrade.

I'm curious if other people have hit this? We haven't hit it in our deployments.