so i tried it and "I've found that the pysvn option is the better one"
appears to be true (this is Ubunutu).

now i get the same error i had on the windows server.  I don't get prompted
to accept.  how do i get this resolved?  I already saved the cert with curl
and svn cmds but those apparently didn't store them in the right place.

Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://rmfile02.routematch.local:8443/svn/RouteMatch' Server SSL
certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted