The API design takes more consideration, as we need to ensure that what we
add is going to be performant, consistent with the rest of the API, and
future-proof. Rendering additional data on a page can be done without
having to as closely consider future design changes, as it's not an an
interface that needs to maintain the same sort of backwards-compatibility.