Hi,

I was trying to integrate ReviewBoard with the Clearcase repository today.

ReviewBoard version is 2.5 and it is hosted on an RHEL system while the
Clearcase repository is on another RHEL. The view configured in the
ReviewBoard admin page for this repository was mounted on the ReviewBoard
system.

After some initial hiccups, I managed to reach the point where the rbt post
was generating the diff and posting it to the server. But the diff upload
was failing. I checked the ReviewBoard server logs and found that it was
raising an exception. The SCMError exception was being raised from
reviewboard/scmtools/clearcase.py file at line 166.

Unfortunately, I do not have the traceback right now. Will try to get that
and post it too. But what I could see from the traceback was that an
instance of class Clearcase was being created and in the __init__ function
(clearcase.py: 57), it saves the repository path, calls the base class
__init__ and then calls _get_view_type(). Now in this function, the first
command executed is 'cleartool lsview -full -properties -cview' which
fails. So it is trying to get the full properties of the current view. But
that fails as there is no view set. I couldn't see a place where any view
was being set. In fact, I looked up the whole reviewboard repository for a
setview command and could not find it.

I hacked the clearcase.py file and in function _get_view_type() before the
'lsview' command, I added another command to set the view (I got the view
tag using _get_vobs_tag(repopath) ) and voila, the review got posted
successfully.

I have seen very very limited amount of ReviewBoard code and I don't know
if this really could be a bug. But my Clearcase knowledge tells me that any
'cleartool lsview' command with a -cview option is going to fail without a
view being set. And I can't seem to find any code with a 'setview' string.
What am I missing here?

- Viney