On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM Matt Sawyer <matt.saw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good to know. I'm mostly Python-illiterate...is there a way to make
> easy_install use python2.7? My organization just now requested that we
> upgrade from 0.5.x to 0.6.3, hence the reason I'm using this version now.

Where did you get your copy of Python? It's actually a violation of Python
Foundation rules for '/usr/bin/easy_install' or '/usr/bin/python' to refer
to the Python 3 version of the language. It's supposed to be required that
the Python 3 version be named '/usr/bin/easy_install-3' and
'/usr/bin/python3' (with aliases for easy_install-3.4 and pyrhon3.4, etc.)