Ah, this is the problem. Yeah, 2.5.4 was more lax on the version of
Haystack, and since then Haystack had put out a version that was
incompatible with our version of Django. It installs a newer version when
installed. That's how you ended up in this situation.

This was fixed in 2.5.6 (2.5.6.1, really -- 2.5.6 had a major regression).

You'll need to remove Haystack and upgrade to a newer version of Review
Board. I recommend using 2.5.10, which came out a few days ago. Amongst
other things, it fixes security issues in the product.

Christian Hammond