On Tuesday, 5 October 2010 13:05:06 UTC-4, albal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Active Directory Authentication working with
> ReviewBoard 1.5.  I am running on Debian-Lenny and I have a successful
> install of ReviewBoard but I would like to have our users authenticate
> against our domain servers.  If I put the domain controller IP or name
> in the field and hit save, then logout and back in I get the following
> log entries:
>
> 2010-10-05 16:58:18,943 - WARNING - Active Directory: Domain
> controller is down
> 2010-10-05 16:58:18,943 - ERROR - Active Directory error: Could not
> contact any domain controller servers
>
> The linux machine is not part of the domain, DNS is setup correctly
> and the hostnames resolve fine.  Is there something else that needs to
> be in place?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

I guess that by now you've already found the solution or another one but
for the posterity I would like to point out that I could solve this issue
on a Linux installation by telling selinux that reviewboard needs to talk
with the domain controller (open network connections):

# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1