Cgit and Gitweb are alternatives to using a service like GitLab. You can
use those with a self-hosted, raw git repository, which we discussed at
length in the other thread. But you have to understand, your choices are
limited to the options we are able to support with the version of Review
Board you are using. We can't just make an old version of Review Board
suddenly work with an API that was created after it was released, and we
can't make the Git protocol better.

We also can't indefinitely support vastly older versions of Review Board
for free. We do offer support contracts and custom development contracts
for specific needs, but you'd have to be willing to pay, and I know that
that was an issue when we discussed licensing for Power Pack.

Using older technology forever doesn't work. You're at the stage now where
you'll have to decide whether to change how you're hosting the Git
repositories, or upgrade Review Board. We've tried to make upgrading easy,
so long as your OS isn't too old, but if you go that route, back up
*everything* and test an upgrade on a clone of your server before you
proceed, as we won't be able to help fix a broken database upgrade without
a contract.

Christian