Hi Lukasz,

That's correct, and is why we provide UUIDs as part of the uploaded
filename, so guessing/scanning of files is unlikely. When used with CDN
services, like S3, access can be time-limited via a temporary URL, but for
basic setups in-house that utilize Apache, Review Board has no control over
the access policies.

There's no way to tie Apache into Review Board's access controls without
writing something custom. If using something like LDAP, you could
conceivably gate off access based on first logging into LDAP, though as
that wouldn't coordinate with Review Board, users are going to see that pop
up any time Apache needs access to load an uploaded media file while on a
Review Board page.

You could have some custom extension that serves up the files, requiring a
login session, and tell Apache to rewrite any URLs to those media files to
point to Review Board using a RewriteRule. That might be the best approach
for your use case, and it's one we can consider optionally providing in the
future, but note that there is a performance hit to having Review Board
serve up media files, which is why we leave it to Apache or CDNs.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond