Aleksandr Efimov has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24693 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15236: Expose HBO match provenance
......................................................................


Patch Set 4:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24693/4/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24693/4/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/planner/PlanNode.java@490
PS4, Line 490:             
.append(PrintUtils.printEstCardinality(cardinalityBeforeHbo_))
> I'd prefer cardinality_ / cardinalityBeforeHbo_ for simplicity.
Ratio then. PS8 prints "original estimate=7.30K, ratio=0.05" - two decimals, 
and "N/A" when the original estimate is unavailable or zero, since zero doesn't 
divide either, which I missed when I called the ratio finite above. That case 
is not theoretical: on the minicluster a merge aggregate came out with a 
planner estimate of 0 and read "ratio=N/A" on the first try. Percentage instead 
if you prefer it that way.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24693
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I6d2deaaf78a2a41353454ba634a247d8c69825bf
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24693
Gerrit-PatchSet: 4
Gerrit-Owner: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2026 09:51:11 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to