Joe McDonnell has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24874 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15363: Update toolchain builders to Java 17
......................................................................


Patch Set 8:

> > Patch Set 7:
 > >
 > > One question (and maybe Laszlo needs to chime in): In the past,
 > we've done work to bind the specific repos to the specific version
 > we're using (e.g. the .repo files) to avoid getting newer
 > artifacts. e.g. this change: 
 > https://github.com/cloudera/native-toolchain/commit/730ad7b0e4b169489dfffa8a6793c323cbd9ccc7
 > Do we still need that for Rocky 9?
 > >
 > > For Rocky 8, maybe we don't need it because 8.10 is a terminal
 > release and we aren't worried about future versions?
 > >
 > > Otherwise, this looks good to me
 >
 > Ah, I missed the history of those .repo files, and also missed
 > removing rocky.repo (so the current change is incomplete). I can
 > add them back (and update to 9.4) if we think they're still needed.
 > But any reason we didn't do them for Rocky 10?

My best guess is that we want to keep doing that for Rocky 9 / 10. I think I 
should have done that for Rocky 10. I just missed it.


--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24874
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: native-toolchain
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie8b52284e4043284597e8d0867c730a9485fa1ca
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24874
Gerrit-PatchSet: 8
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Laszlo Gaal <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2026 17:39:11 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: No

Reply via email to