Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25002 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15059: Use HBO stats for Calcite filters
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25002/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/schema/CalciteTable.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/schema/CalciteTable.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25002/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/schema/CalciteTable.java@108
PS1, Line 108:   private SimplifiedAnalyzer hboAnalyzer_;
I will review this more closely (prolly in the coming week), but something 
seems off to me here without a deep review, and I wanted to give a heads-up at 
what I will be looking at.  It's possible that it is fine too.

I do understand there are situations where we don't use "final" variables.  I 
tried to keep them to cache values.

That might be the case here too, but a lazy analyzer and tableref (not sure 
about inputexprs yet) is something I'd like to investigate why.

Also, in general, I'd like to be really sure we need a separate analyzer 
instance.  I know I've used one in the past, but somehow I always figured out a 
way where I didn't need to use a separate one.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25002
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I9270a5f94d42a4ad20d3337819b46467e83a3bf7
Gerrit-Change-Number: 25002
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 19:53:57 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to