Joe McDonnell has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25057 )

Change subject: Use mold everywhere
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(1 comment)

Using mold makes sense to me, assuming that everything functions. I don't think 
I've tried it before.

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25057/1/source/llvm/build.sh
File source/llvm/build.sh:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25057/1/source/llvm/build.sh@232
PS1, Line 232:       PRODUCE_PROFILE_CC="${PROFILE_GEN_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/clang"
             :       
PRODUCE_PROFILE_CXX="${PROFILE_GEN_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/clang++"
             :       if [[ $USE_CCACHE -ne 0 ]]; then
             :         PRODUCE_PROFILE_CC=$(setup_ccache 
"${PRODUCE_PROFILE_CC}")
             :         PRODUCE_PROFILE_CXX=$(setup_ccache 
"${PRODUCE_PROFILE_CXX}")
             :       fi
Couple thoughts:
1. ccache needs to handle storing the profile information. I assume modern 
versions can.
2. We just produced a new compiler binary out of the first build. Ccache does 
hash information about the compiler in the cache entries. What it hashes is 
determined by CCACHE_COMPILERCHECK, which we currently set to "content" which 
will hash the binary. That could work, if the binary is the same each time. 
There are ways to make it deterministic, but it may take some work.

(Separately, I'm worried that our PGO build of GCC might not be deterministic 
either, so ccache is tough.)



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25057
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: native-toolchain
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I3fd493bf43acf6706c2bb71bbd7241205608cb6b
Gerrit-Change-Number: 25057
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2026 00:09:46 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to