Quanlong Huang has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24822 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14598: Store HBO cache in Redis/Valkey
......................................................................


Patch Set 10:

(1 comment)

> Patch Set 9:
>
> Quanlong, I uploaded PS8 and PS9 while rebasing my dependent HDFS patch 
> (24824). I should have checked with you first. Sorry about that.
>
> PS9 preserves master’s new distributed and Calcite EXPLAIN checks in 
> HboTestMixin.

No worries. I just checked the changes you made and they are all expected.

Updated the flag description and commit message to mention the Redis instance 
should be dedicated to HBO usage.

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24822/7/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/RedisCacheBackend.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/RedisCacheBackend.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24822/7/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/RedisCacheBackend.java@152
PS7, Line 152:       jedis.flushDB();
> Does this assume a dedicated Redis DB? FLUSHDB also removes non-HBO keys. C
Yes, updated the description of hbo_cache_backend about this. Clearing only 
keys with "hbo:" prefix is complex and it takes time in retriving all the keys 
and then delete them. On the other hand, I think sharing a Redis instance with 
other applications is not a best practise. So I prefer clearing the whole db to 
be simple.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24822
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I43a171bcd436f57bcff14ceaaaa98c0f7dcec769
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24822
Gerrit-PatchSet: 10
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2026 02:15:09 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to