On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:04:14PM -0700, Fong Vang wrote:

> RedHat Enterprise (RHEL) is based on Fedora but does not support
> ReiserFS and XFS.  I've looked at the source code for Anaconda and
> /sbin/loader but did not find much difference between Fedora and RHEL
> with regard to XFS/ReiserFS support.  With Fedora, ReiserFS and XFS
> file systems could be used if 'reiserfs' or 'xfs' is specified at the
> isolinux boot prompt.  Does anyone know exactly what was
> disabled/stripped out to remove support for XFS/ReiserFS (especially
> when using kickstart)?  As I've said, the code doesn't look much
> different.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Anaconda looks in /proc/filesystems what
filesystems are supported, so if you would include support for
reiserfs and/or xfs in the kernel, that would work also in Anaconda.

You also need to make the appropriate utils packages available when
generating the distro, so that they are picked up when "upd-instroot"
is called (these package names are already included, so if they are
in the repository, "upd-instroot" will automatically include them).

--
--    Jos Vos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>