On 12/27/2011 11:22 AM, Joe Wulf wrote:
Prelink tends to run in the early hours, by default. I'd think that your
tripwire scans get initiated sometime after a system has been
built/kickstarted/PXE-booted and that 4am prelink has already ran its
course.

All the scripts in /etc/cron.daily get run at 4:00. My question again is, why, then, if *both* scripts run *every* day at 4:00, I suddenly get a massive report from tripwire that virtually every executable file on the system has a different checksum?

(Actually, I also run chkrootkit daily, also out of /etc/cron.daily; it, too, suddenly gave me a batch of checksum errors on executables.)