So.. dbus apparently (just got that from lennart's gplus post)

The offline updates seems like it would provide you the info you are
looking for if you can figure out what they are classifying

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OfflineSystemUpdates

-greg

How do you classify programs that require a service restart?