On 07/09/2012 02:14 PM, madu...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi

After upgrading Apache/PHP/Mysql of my Linux system via yum
I am getting the following message, when I try to visit my webpage
http://10.5.1.177/index.php

it gave "Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:
open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_rcnlt1mntlllgvchir7003bro1, O_RDWR)
failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/live/index.php on line
2"

Before the upgrade it was working perfectly .....!!!

Things to check
- Check selinux to see if it is denying permission
- Verify that httpd is running as user apache and that it is a member of group apache.
- Use a shell to verify that you can create the file as the web user
e.g.

su - apache -s /bin/bash
cd /var/lib/php/session
touch sess_rcnlt1mntlllgvchir7003bro1