"But there are extreme differences which make
> rapprochement and peaceful coexistence difficult"

A major part of which appear to be in the Western mindset.  Christianity and
Judaism coexisted peacefully before the Crusades.  And Islam isn't the only
religion claiming a unique understanding of God's plan.  And it's not the only
religion claiming it was sent to correct previous revelations.

No, arrogance isn't unique to Islam, nor to Christianity, nor to Judaism, nor
to Hinduism, nor to Buddhism, etc...

Wesley Parish

Quoting WEBMASTER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Jihad to Dhimmitude - But there are extreme differences which make
> rapprochement and peaceful coexistence difficult. The greatest problem,
> which is the Muslim problem, is what Islam is. Islam is a faith which
> believes it was given to Muhammad to correct Christianity and Judaism.
> It
> is the main justification for Islam....Muslims claim to have a unique
> understanding of God's plan and Muhammad was God's last and authentic
> Messenger. The belief is that Islam supersedes Judaism and Christianity
> and therefore those who remain Christian or Jewish are kafir
> (unbelieving). They are ALL infidels...Islam can't very well coexist if
> it
> believes it is THE corrective and was given to Muhammad to replace
> Judaism
> and Christianity. Being either of these religions is easily the same as
> being an atheist to them. They are ALL of them unbelievers. ALL of them
> are infidels.
>
> * Occupation Or Return
>
> http://www.g0lem.net/PhpWiki/index.php/OccupationOrReturn
>
>  -----
>  / o o \
> ===OO=====OO==================================================
> http://pnews.org/ (links)
> http://pnews.org/PhpWiki/ (West Coast News Wiki)
> http://g0lem.net/PhpWiki/ (East Coast News Wiki)
>  Sub/Unsub [pnews-l - rhetoric] :: http://pnews.org/signup.shtml

>  FIGHT THE RIGHT!

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press

     -----