On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Tony Tracy wrote:

> Some time ago, I received an unsolicited invitation to join "PNews"
> e-list, which I had understood to be a "progressive" email list.
> Clearly, my normal instincts (which would be to treat such unsolicited
> "invitations" as the spam they are) should have precluded my responding
> affirmatively. Yet again, I am proven wrong in not following common
> sense.
>
> Rather than a "progressive" list, I find dozens of islamophobic
> messages, a distinct anti-palestinian bias, and now tacit agreement with
> imperialist war efforts mixed with xenophobic "screw the victims"
> sentiment. Bizarre.
>
> And disgusting.
>
> I sincerely hope that this list is not an indicator of the current state
> of US "progressive" politics.
>
> - Tony Tracy

Tony: I don't think you would know what progressive is. Read the mission
statement - http://pnews.org/signup.shtml - There is no anti-Palestinian
bias here. There is only the requirment that we tell the truth and that
seems to be your problem. Islam has always been a philosophy and culture
of oppression and aggression. When Islam modernizes, if that is possible,
there may then be a real effort to use reason and dispense with Muslim
hate for those who don't think as they do. In that you remind me of them.

Hank

     -----
    / o o \
http://pnews.org/ (links)