On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Prometheus wrote:

> Can we use Innostore for RiakSearch ?  what is the performance comparison for
> search backends ?  Any information will be valuable.

That depends on whether you mean the actual Search index backend, or
the KV backend used for storing complete analyzed documents.  There is
currently only one backend (merge_index) that works under Riak Search,
but one could certainly swap out the KV part's backend if bitcask
wasn't a good fit for that part.

The relative performance characteristics of bitcask and innostore
under Riak KV are well known in general, but no top-to-bottom testing
of Riak Search that I know of has been performed using innostore as
the KV backend.

-Justin