Scott

Didn't try that - though it looks like the {format, direct} is the biggest win in terms of performance.

I've also switched over to using LevelDB for the insert test, which I've got running at about 3200tps, which is a huge improvement! Though at one point I think I saw comparable performance with innodb after I tuned the storage format, but stopped that test before I had definitive information.

The one issue that I see with LevelDB in a big insert job like this is file descriptors, I've currently got about 9,000 files open on the machine, I'm guessing that I'll run out of file descriptors before the load is done. Is there a configuration parameter to change the size of the SST files before they're rolled?

--david