Which interface for search are you using? Are you using the Solr search
interface, or do you go through MapReduce? The former would using
client.solr().query(), the latter client.search().

Should you use the latter, do you call obj.get() on every result object before
calling get_data(). The result set by default is empty unless you feed it into
a Map phase to extract the object.

Cheers, Mathias