Greetings Riak Users!

We are pleased to announce the release of the Riak Java Client v1.0.4.
Additionally we are now publishing the Javadoc online.

This release includes bug fixes as well as new functionality.

New features include:
shutdown() method in the IRiakClient interface and underlying RawClients that
cleanly shuts down client threads and allows an application to exit without
hanging.
lazyLoadProperties() method in FetchBucket and WriteBucket that allows the
deferral of the request to Riak for bucket properties.
Support of the Riak /stats operation

Please see the CHANGELOG  for a complete list of changes.

The 1.0.4 Java Client is available from Maven Central. Add the dependency to
your pom.xml file:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.basho.riak</groupId>
  <artifactId>riak-client</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.4</version>
  <type>pom</type>
</dependency>

You can also download the client jar and its dependencies from the downloads
section on github

Last but not least, if you prefer your client in source form, you can clone
from our Github repo. The 1.0.4 client can be checked out using the
riak-client-1.0.4 tag