From: "Jeffrey Massung" <j...@basho.com>
Sent: Thursday, 22 March, 2012 9:50pm
To: char...@contentomni.com
Cc: "riak-users" <riak-users@lists.basho.com>
Subject: Re: Issues with Riak Control

Replying now for posterity:

Riak Control uses pjax for templating and dynamic updating of page elements.
It's a great tool. However, it also has a very small default ajax timeout for
page requests, and when there's a timeout, the ajax callback returns a success
code, but with an empty document. The Riak Control code makes an assumption
about empty pages (to-be fixed), which then performs a redirect to the document
in question.

Charles' issue has been corrected by modifying some JavaScript in Riak Control.
We're going to be fixing this issue with something a bit more robust and and
pushing it to GitHub.

Note: while we saw the reason for the problem quickly, Armon's email about
timeouts is what led us down that path. A hearty thanks goes out to him for
that insight! ;-)

--
Jeffrey Massung
Software Engineer