Looking at riak_kv_mapred_json it seems to be the case that you
can only do key filter on entire buckets.

On the other hand one can still use the riak_kv_mapred_filters, even
though it's ugly constructing all the filter manually instead of matching
binary patterns:

{ok, Pid} = riakc_pb_socket:start_link("127.0.0.1", 8087),
{ok, Filter} = riak_kv_mapred_filters:build_filter([[<<"ends_with">>,"1"]]),
MapReduce = [
  { reduce
  , {qfun, fun(X, F) -> lists:filter(fun({A, B}) -> F(B) end, X) end},
  , riak_kv_mapred_filters:compose(Filter),
  , true}],
Index = {index, <<"test1">>, <<"field_int">>, <<"123">>},
riakc_pb_socket:mapred(Pid, Index, MapReduce).

Question 2 & 3 still remains though:

--
Med Vennlig Hilsen
Olav Frengstad