Hey list,

we just encountered an odd behavior on our production cluster while adding 5
extra nodes.

We ran riak-admin cluster join <old-node> on all new nodes. When we wanted to
take a look at the plan (riak-admin cluster plan), but nothing was staged.
member-status revealed that the join was already in progress and partition
transfers were running.

This was not really a problem, everything went fine as far as we can tell right
now, but we were a bit surprised that we did not need to commit the staged
cluster change. What could have happened here? Anything we could have
overlooked?

Best

Sebastian