Kevin,

So you are on 12.10, which is one minor release past Precise (12.04) which
is the current LTS (Long Term Support) release.  I haven't confirmed that
the Precise Riak package will work on Quantal, but I suspect it will be
fine.  In version mismatches most issues you'll find will be on install
with dependencies.  If this is something you will rely on for a business in
a production sense, I'd recommend using a LTS release like Precise (12.04)
instead and know that we tested Riak on that platform.  If this is
for development purposes,  you will likely be fine on 12.10.  If something
complains on install with dependencies please let me know so I can respond
differently the next time this comes up on the mailing list.

-Jared