Hi Andrew,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Andrew Stone <a...@onswipe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading up on Riak search and am very pleased to see the new index
> repair command in 1.2. However, it seems that in order to use it you must be
> able to somehow detect when there are inconsistencies in your search indexes
> across vnodes. While it's likely the inconsistencies would be spotted by a
> user, it certainly wouldn't be good to wait for that before trying to
> correct the issue. Is there any technique that can be used to automatically
> detect replica loss?

Riak Search 1.2.1 only has the manual repair command. We aren't going
to do much work on adding active anti entropy to Riak Search for a few
reasons, primarily because its term-based partitioning makes it
impractical.  However Yokozuna [1], the Riak and Solr work that Ryan
and others are doing, already has this capability. Yokozuna is still a
few Riak releases away from being official but it's coming along at a
rapid pace and it worth your time to investigate and test.

Thanks,

Mark

[1] https://github.com/rzezeski/yokozuna
[2]