Greg,

Wait.  Couple serious environmental issues here:

- " results are close enough to LevelDB, Bitcask, …":  Bitcask is always 1.5x
to 2x the performance of LevelDB.  Bitcask has a constant throughput until its
first merge.  Your comment states all the databases are close.  Bitcask and
Leveldb are never close in real life.  Sounds like your testing was either CPU
bound or some other environmental bottleneck.  This suggests to me that you
might have achieved a similar throughput with 3x5 notecards too.

- "levels out at 2500 ops …" within 10 minutes per your attached graphs.  Stock
LevelDB from Google does not start to seriously degrade until 90 minutes of
constant load.  Yet the performance graphs offered have tanked within 10
minutes.

Bad data does not motivate me to spend time with yet another offering in the
key/value storage space.  Comparison of 20 hour runs, maybe.  But those
benchmarks need to validate known performance differences of Bitcask and
Leveldb to establish credibility. 10 minutes runs have barely flushed memory
caches.

Matthew