I do have a few questions regards the install however.

Riak installed (from Precise) with the followng:
Adding system user `riak' (UID 110) ...
Adding new user `riak' (UID 110) with group `riak' ...
Not creating home directory `/var/lib/riak'.

I have a few questions:
1. Will data in /var/lib/riak be created when I create first database?
2. Or do I have to check the init file to set some params regards initiating
database.
3. I find app.config under /etc/riak lists directories.
4. sudo service riak stop returns clean - does not say whether stopped
anything.
5. sudo service riak start returns:
Attempting to restart script through sudo -H -u riak
!!!!
!!!! WARNING: ulimit -n is 1024; 4096 is the recommended minimum.
!!!!
Node is already running!

So what is the best way to stop the Riak service?
Thanks again.

Monosij