Hi, guys, It looks like there is a load balance problem when client app try to parallel get objects(each object size is about 2MB) using multi- riakc_pb_socket processes. some process work fine, which get object in two hundred ms at most, but some processes always timeout(get_timeout=60000ms).
It behave like only few riakc_pb_socket process can get objects well. if there are 2 or more, things go bad. I used riakpool to pool the riakc_pb_socket process, check-out one riakc_pb_socket, get-object, check-in. I also used riakc_pb_socket:start/2 directly. There's no difference. I adjust riak_api config: set pb_backlog=64, nothing changed. I also tried some old riak-erlang-client version, such as 1.3.0, nothing changed. my riak is official riak-1.3.2_amd64.deb for ubuntu 12.04 server, riak-erlang-client is 1.4.0.x there's 5 riak-nodes in 5 physical intel-atom PC, client app is located with riak-node, which means client app only connect to local riak-node. By comparison, put operation has no this problem. I'm a little annoyed about this problem. Did I do something wrong, is there something i can do to improve the parallel get operation? Best regards.
_______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
