Then you are better off with Bitcask, that will be the fastest in your case (no 2i, no searches, no M/R)

HTH,

Guido.

On 10/07/13 09:49, Edgar Veiga wrote:
Hello all!

I have a couple of questions that I would like to address all of you guys, in order to start this migration the best as possible.

Context:
- I'm responsible for the migration of a pure key/value store that for now is being stored on memcacheDB.
- We're serializing php objects and storing them.
- The total size occupied it's ~2TB.

- The idea it's to migrate this data to a riak cluster with elevelDB backend (starting with 6 nodes, 256 partitions. This thing is scaling very fast). - We only need to access the information by key. *We won't need neither map/reduces, searches or secondary indexes*. It's a pure key/value store!

My questions are:
- Do you have any riak fine tunning tip regarding this use case (due to the fact that we will only use the key/value capabilities of riak)? - It's expected that those 2TB would be reduced due to the levelDB compression. Do you think we should compress our objects to on the client?

Best regards,
Edgar Veiga