Hi All,

On behalf of Basho, I'm excited to announce that Riak CS 1.4.0 is now official. Riak CS is Basho's open source cloud storage software.

The biggest feature additions are support for the Swift API and Keystone authentication, which enables CS to be a drop-in storage replacement for OpenStack deployments. We also fixed numerous bugs, including query string authentication for multi-part uploads and better connection handing of transient Riak failures.

* The full release notes can be found here: http://git.io/xlL8uw

The Riak CS docs have been updated accordingly:

* The 1.4.0 packages are here: http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/riakcs-downloads/
* Full documentation is here: http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/
* Rolling upgrade docs are here: http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/cookbooks/Rolling-Upgrades-For-Riak-CS/

In addition to the release notes, we have a full overview of the release on the Basho Blog. We're also doing a webcast on August 23rd for anyone is interested in attending.

* Blog post: http://basho.com/riak-cs-1-4-is-now-available/
* Webcast details and registration: http://info.basho.com/RiakCS1.4_Aug23.html

Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or issues. Thanks to everyone who made this release possible with their usage, bug reports, and contributions. As usual, we couldn't have shipped this without you. And be sure to grab your ticket for RICON West - ricon.io/west.html - to hack on Riak and Riak CS alongside the Basho team and community this October in San Francisco.

Best,

Seth and the Basho Team