Some more information. Error doesn't seem to be related to particular
node/partition since put operations succeed on retries.

Errors appear few times a second while I'm making about 500-1000 write
requests a second. There were no increase in cluster load before this error
started to appear (in fact it started at the lowest night load).

How can I diagnose a source of error?