Hi Sam,
thanks for the fast reply.

In my company we normally use your third suggestion and indeed it's a
robust strategy.

At the moment we are relying on a riak client based on spray (
https://github.com/agemooij/riak-scala-client) so even if we set the
Content-Type - when the body is empty - it doesn't get to the final request
being dispatched.

Our workaround is to have a content body equal to the one byte carriage
return.
It's not a big deal...

Writing to the mailing list was mainly because curious to know your
thoughts about this :)

Have a good day,
V.