Jared,

Is it possible to elaborate more on "meet me in the middle settings/scenarios?", let me explain, let's say the quorum is configured with low values, say, R=W=1 and N=3, doesn't that add more work to AAE background process? Could there be ways to sacrifice some client performance with let's say, in the middle kind of generic for most scenario settings to have the client wait a bit longer (R=W=2 or similar combinations) and AAE to work a bit less?

Just thoughts though, I leave to the experts the deep explanation of this.

HTH,

Guido.