If you really want an S3 API layer around NFS, I suspect you'd be better off
taking the code from Riak CS and creating your own solution than attempting
this approach.

One example of how this would run into trouble: if any server fails, nearly
every large object would be unavailable because of the N=1 replication factor.
The data itself would be available via NFS, but the server that's supposed to
serve up those chunks wouldn't.

-John