Server: MochiWeb/1.1 WebMachine/1.10.5 (jokes are better explained)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:45:21 GMT

{"name":"allLogs","schema":"_yz_default"}

Also

what is going on here

curl -XPUT -H'content-type:application/json'
http://localhost:8098/buckets/people/keys/me \
-d'{ "name_s" : "kartik" }'

Why not:
curl -XPUT -H'content-type:application/json'
http://localhost:8098/rial/people/me<http://localhost:8098/buckets/people/keys/me>
 \
-d'{ "name_s" : "kartik" }'