Hey there. There are a couple of things to keep in mind when deleting
invalid AAE trees from the 1.4.3-1.4.7 series after upgrading to 1.4.8:

* If AAE is disabled, you don't have to stop the node to delete the data in
the anti_entropy directories
* If AAE is enabled, deleting the AAE data in a rolling manner may trigger
an avalanche of read repairs between nodes with the bad trees and nodes
with good trees as the data seems to diverge.

If your nodes are already up, with AAE enabled and with old incorrect trees
in the mix, there is a better way.  You can dynamically disable AAE with
some console commands. At that point, without stopping the nodes, you can
delete all AAE data across the cluster.  At a convenient time, re-enable
AAE.  I say convenient because all trees will start to rebuild, and that
can be problematic in an overloaded cluster.  Doing this over the weekend
might be a good idea unless your cluster can take the extra load.

To dynamically disable AAE from the Riak console, you can run this command:

> riak_core_util:rpc_every_member_ann(riak_kv_entropy_manager, disable, [],
60000).

and enable with the similar:

> riak_core_util:rpc_every_member_ann(riak_kv_entropy_manager, enable, [],
60000).

That last number is just a timeout for the RPC operation.  I hope this
saves you some extra load on your clusters.