Oops. Didn't reply to the list. Sorry for the dupe Matt.

Hi Matt,

My guess is that this has to do with a fairly recent change to the cluster
join mechanism.

Try attaching to the erlang shell with "riak attach" and running the
following command:

riak_ensemble_manager:enable().

In the future a riak_admin command (and documentation) will be provided,
but for now it needs to be done from the shell. Hope this helps.

-Andrew