For what it's worth, in the integration tests of our client libraries we
have moved to generating random bucket and key names for each test/example.
This reduces setup/teardown time and is less susceptible to the types of
unexpected behaviors you are seeing from list-keys. If possible, I highly
recommend this approach in your suite.

Sean Cribbs <s...@basho.com>
Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.