OK, the disk space used by AAE is a function of the number of keys rather than
the size of the objects stored in Riak. Let us know the disk usage after the
AAE trees are finished building.

When nodes go down in a Riak cluster, the remaining nodes spin up fallback
partitions to handle writes/reads for data the downed node owned. Since this
node was down for a long time, the count of keys built up on these fallback
partitions which would result in increased AAE disk usage.

We recommend using less than 75% of available disk space during normal cluster
operation. This allows for growth when nodes go down.

Let us know what disk usage looks like after trees are built.

Thanks,

--
Brian Sparrow
Developer Advocate