So, from my understanding, there are two types of data that you have.
Family 1:
-Constantly changing
-Representable by CRDTs
-Can handle eventual consistency

Family 2:
-Rarely changing
-Need immediate consistency, and linearizability

With both key families, you care about tail latency.

Questions I have:
1) What are your requirements in terms of data durability?
2) Do you have real hardware?
3) Do you the capability to use SSDs?
4) What's the size of your total keyspace? What about your working set?
5) Do you need atomic, multi-key updates?