Ali -

Thank you for opening issue
https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/issues/383.  I’m looking at the
issue and I’ll update it with my findings, too.

Brett

On November 25, 2014 at 4:06:35 AM, Ali Rıza KELEŞ (ali.r.ke...@gmail.com)
wrote:

Hi,

I had some problem while trying to do map/reduce on a bucket of 'maps
type' with official python client.

My bucket name is 'cars' and bucket type is maps

# bucket
<RiakBucket 'maps'/'cars'>

query = client.add(bucket.name) # bucket.name is 'cars'
query.map("function(v) { var data = JSON.parse(v.values[0].data);
return [[v.key, data]]; }")
query.run()

bucket.name is string without bucket_type and returns 'cars'. 'add()'
behaves 'cars' as 'default'/'cars' while my bucket is 'maps'/'cars'

I tried some variations
- client.add('maps/cars')
- client.add('maps', 'cars')
etc..

But they didn't work. I could not find a proper way to use
bucket_type/bucket.name.

How can I do map/reduce on a bucket of a specific bucket_type?

Thanks.

--
Ali Rıza Keleş