Satish,

I find nothing compelling in the log or the app.config.  Therefore I have two
additional suggestions/requests:

- lower max_open_files in app.config to to 150 from 315.  There was one other
customer report regarding the limit not properly stopping out of memory (OOM)
conditions.

- try to locate a /var/log/syslog* file from a node that contains the time of
the crash.  There may be helpful information there.  Please send that along.

Unrelated to this crash … 1.4.7 has a known bug in its active anti-entropy
(AAE) logic.  This bug is NOT known to cause a crash.  The bug does cause AAE
to be unreliable for data restoration.  The proper steps for upgrading to the
current release (1.4.12) are:

-- across the entire cluster
- disable anti_entropy in app.config on all nodes: {anti_entropy, {off, []}}
- perform a rolling restart of all nodes … AAE is now disabled in the cluster

-- on each node
- stop the node
- remove (erase all files and directories) /vol/lib/riak/anti_entropy
- update Riak to the new software revision
- start the node again

-- across the entire cluster
- enable anti_entropy in app.config on all nodes: {anti_entropy, {on, []}}
- perform a rolling restart of all nodes … AAE is now enabled in the cluster

The nodes will start rebuilding the AAE hash data.  Suggest you perform the
last rolling restart during a low utilization time of your cluster.

Matthew