It sounds like allow_mult is off.
1. What's your last_write_wins set to?
2. Are the clocks on your nodes accurately synced to one another (if
they're all NTP peers from one another, what's the deltas?)? I know
drift is a common problem in virtual machines on VMWare -- or clocks
plain lying.
3. Are you using vector clocks for all operations?
4. Are you making concurrent updates?

Are you familiar with AP Riak, the consistency model, and conflict
resolution? There is some excellent documentation here:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.2/dev/using/conflict-resolution/