On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Annette Bieniusa <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to build a small demo app involving the Java Client and the Data > types by following the official documentation. > However, map operations are not working. A fetch with the Java client always > returns an empty map, writes create new maps, but they remain empty. > In the source file that I attached, this yields a null pointer exception when > doing the getRegister() in getLastName, for example.
Hi Annette, I've loaded this code, and when I execute it, I'm getting exceptions when getVisits() is being called, however, when it's being called, it's before that field is created -- the constructor of User only sets the first and last name attributes. Removing that call prevents the NullPointerException. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.basho.riak.client.core.query.crdt.types.RiakMap.getCounter(RiakMap.java:133) at com.basho.riak.client.core.query.crdt.types.RiakMap.getCounter(RiakMap.java:150) at com.basho.riak.playground.User.getVisits(User.java:106) at com.basho.riak.playground.Main.main(Main.java:27) Removing the getVisits call, yields the following execution: Builder,Bob - Chris _______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
