I'll second what Chris said. Afaik, Solr does not solve this problem for you.
Riak won't either. I just googled for "sanitize solr query inputs in java" and
there are quite a few hits. I'd use that as a starting point but I'm a bit
surprised there isn't a lib somewhere that makes this a non problem...

-Alexander

@siculars
http://siculars.posthaven.com

Sent from my iRotaryPhone